Fire Retardant Spray
Inspecta-ShieldTM is a versatile, broad spectrum, odourless, colourless, multi-use, penetrating, class 'A' fire retardant (for interior use only). Our pre-mixed product is easy to use, non-toxic, non-allergenic and offers superior fire-retardant protection.
Application rates are established by a thorough series of evaluations before commercial scale treatment. Application rates may vary with weight, density and the building code for which treated materials are intended to comply with.
All items to be treated are tested for: flammability, acceptance, colour fastness (dye running), general texture, shrinkage and appearance (i.e. a shiny fabric could be dulled). All tests are made on a scrap or in an inconspicuous area, wherever possible.
More About Inspecta-ShieldTM
Inspecta-Shield has many benefits compared to other fire retardant sprays available in New Zealand. It:
- Treats both natural and synthetic materials, as well as timber
- Meets or exceeds governmental criteria for a Class A Fire Retardant on most materials
- Is durable - it will not wear off, dry clean out, or bleach out by humidity and it allows fibres to breathe
- Has a sun-shield with a U.V. stabiliser. This drastically reduces sun fading and sun rot and increases decorating options and fabric life
- Is visible only under long wave UV light
- Is odourless and colourless
- Leaves no uncomfortable residue or unsightly salt rings after treatment
- Is non-corrosive to metal when dry
- Ready to use; no mixing required.
- Inspecta-ShieldTM meets and exceeds all requirements to be rated as a fire-retardant by acknowledged testing procedures
- All specifications and suggestions appearing on our labels and in our literature concerning the use of our product are based upon tests and data believed to be reliable
- Since the actual use by others is beyond our control no guarantee, expressed or implied, is made by N.Z. Fire-Shield Ltd as to the effect of such use or the result to be obtained, the extent of liability of the manufacturer in all circumstances is the purchase price of the Inspecta-ShieldTM
- For commercial use only
- Not recommended for exterior use
- Independent testing standards have proven that Inspecta-ShieldTM provides unsurpassed fire-retardant protection and has been recognized by Fire Code officials internationally
- Coverage rates shall be followed as recommended by the manufacturer and which have been established through independently recognised testing facilities and UL test criteria guidelines.