Leading Lights in Theatre & Stage Equipment and Services
JOHN HERBER LTD is located in Kaiapoi, New Zealand’s South Island. It is owned by the Philip family, Graeme (Managing Director), Diane (Company Secretary), Sons Mark (production and Workshop Manager) and Deane (NZ Fire-Shield and Installation Manager) this making it very much a family focussed concern.
From its origins as manufacturer of theatre drapes and backdrops, the company now has four distinct divisions in: theatre supplies, acoustic engineering, canvas technology and fire-retardant services.
Experts in Their Field
First Class Products, Knowledge & Service
- The company uses and imports top quality fabrics and materials from around the world and its manufacturing staff can fabricate any drape, cyclorama, gauze, backdrop, stage cloth and almost any canvas product.
- The team is hugely experienced in all kinds of installation and can undertake almost any project including: lighting bars, winches, stage tracks, drapes and roll-down screens.
- An extensive portfolio includes work in: theatres, TV and movie studios, community halls, schools and cinemas in New Zealand, Australia, Fiji and Rarotonga.
- Two John Herber Ltd products: the Ractent Shelters and Scott Polar Tents won first and second places in the 2009 Industrial Fabrics Association International Awards.
- The Acoustiflect sound reflector panels [link to Acoustiflect welcome page] designed by Graeme Philip have been assessed and approved by world-renowned acoustic engineers, Marshall Day.
- Sleekline SuperTM curtain track is manufactured and distributed by John Herber Ltd and has proven to be one of the most versatile curtain track systems in the world today.